Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

[20:02 UTC-5]
[+29*F..+18^F..cloudy..winds: west@15 mph..humidity: 61%..barometer: 30.07" /\ ]
[snow is predicted to begin to fall around 08:00 tomorrow..and continue through 18:00 that evening]
[Now Playing: an eclectic mix..[listen]..]
   By the time I awoke this morning the bulk of the the ground snow was gone..all that remained were the banks of snow where someone had plowed..and with that result..at least for today..all my "short cuts" were available..and being Tuesday..senior discount day at both Big Lots..and The Thrift Store..two walks were on the schedule..different directions...when I walked to Big Lots this morning the temperature was 48*F..windy and overcast but compared to the cold weather of the last couple of weeks quite pleasant..I went to get 2 or 3 bottle of cherry lemonade..and what every jumped into my basket..and for the first time in several visits..only got 3 bottles of the sparkling water..did see any thing else that I'd didn't know I needed it until I saw it there..
  Just after I returned to my rooms..housekeeping arrived..and after they left I had my mid-day meal..and decided to go to Ollie's..The Thrift Store..and Dollar General..I went to Ollie's to get another jar of cardamom..back up..and ended up with a couple of bags of chips..saw nothing at the other two stops that needed a good home..
   With the snow tomorrow have planned no outside activities..besides USA shows NCIS reruns on Wednesday..besides don't need anything before the weekend..
   Got a pm from my bro yesterday..lunch with him and his Mrs..and I said we should celebrate triskaidekaphobia..[Friday the 13th}..the day before 12/12 [Thursday] is a day I no longer  celebrate..or give much notice..after all I'll only be 18 Thursday [for the 4th time]..if I make it to 2021 I'll have lived in 9 decades..still things to do before I sleep..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment