Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, April 28, 2019

[20:45 UTC-4]
[+39*F...."feels like" +33*F....partly cloudy....winds from the s/s/w @ 9 mph]
[Now Playing: Mozart "Choral Works" [link]]
   I awoke this morning to light snow and a win-chill below 32*F.....which soon changed to rain as the temperature started to climb....by afternoon temperatures were in the mid-40's....sunny....and just a hint of a breeze....but  it's my kind of weather....if I could find a climate were it was between mid-40's and mid-60's 24/7/365 I'd move there in a heart beat....truth be told I handle the cold weather much better than the heat....I've spent basically my  whole life in the Northeastern USA....primarily in western NY and the Northcountry of NY....the one in the lee of Lake Erie and the other in the lee of lake Ontario....but are in "lake effect snow" areas....and even during college I lived in the northeast so winter is the common extreme....not heat and high humidity.....
   But seeing the weather this afternoon....I decided that I really didn't have a reason to walk....but walked anyways....first to Ollie's and then to Dollar General....and then this evening a short walk over to a small pond just maybe 50 yards from the backdoor.....daddy goose was standing watch and mom was sitting almost entirely concealed in the reeds....I expect before long to see a brood of fluff balls running around under the watchful eye of mom and dad....

No comments:

Post a Comment