Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, May 29, 2020

[17:07 UTC-4]
[+71_light rain_winds:southwest@7 mph_humidity:84%_barometer:29.75"\/_Overnight Lo:+54*F..rain to continue with some breaks until 04:00 Saturday]....[Now Playing on Madtrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   It's been a damp dreary day here even before the rain started..and although I did here a few claps of thunder it seemed as if it was in the distance..but then I live in a cement block building..and never actually looked out the window during the storm..
   When my daughter was younger 3 or 4 years old..and we were sitting in our enclosed front porch watching a thunder storm..we lived on a four corners and a bolt of lightning hit the manhole cover in the middle of the intersection..about 50' away..after that every time it would  thunder and lightning for the next few years she'd sit in the middle of her bed saying.,"we're going to get sizzled"..and then there were the cats..five of the furry rascals..3 would hide under various beds..one would scratch on the cellar door..go down into the family room and hide in the drop ceiling..and the 5th would sit in one of the windows of the aforementioned enclose porch and watch the storm..I always suspected that one of being brain dead.... 
   I mentioned Monday it was Memorial Day here in the USA..the day were remember veterans of the military..but the traditional day up until 1971 was on the 30th of may..while in the high school I participated for five years in parades and cemetery services honoring the fallen in particular and all veterans in general..my day and all four of my uncles served in the US armed forces in WW II..and so today and tomorrow my thoughts will be with them..all 5 survived the war although my Uncle Frank was wounded..I have a composite picture of them in uniform which I'm going to place in the "footer"....
  Well that time is upon me once again..nite all....
[My dad is second from the left..his brother Roy in the center..my mom's brothers from the left..Chuck..Frank..&..Art]

No comments:

Post a Comment