Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, September 6, 2020

*[16:59 UTC-4]*
*[+71*F_sunny_winds:southwest@9_humidity:41%_barometer:30.15"\/_Tonight's Lo:57*F]*[rain to begin around noon Monday & continue thru 03:00 Tuesday]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]*
   Got an early start to my online day..was on @03:46..and the online free poker game I play was still down..so without the block of time I usually spend in the morning on that game was all but down with the majority of my online play by 10:00..[usually between play and posting results to "Trollie's Game Room" spend on the order of an hour & a half on that game]..I had mentioned last night that I would probably take a walk to Aldi & the ATM..either today or Monday..but with the rain tomorrow and the extra time decided to walk this morning about 10:00..actually didn't get any bananas..have sufficient until Tuesday and double that walk with a stop at Big Lots..but did get asparagus..3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..a bottle of green olives..a block of feta cheese and some prosciutto..and as I past by the "Aldi finds" section saw a container of grated cotija cheese..a mexican cheese which I have been wanting to try but the only other time I saw it they wanted as we would have said back in the day "an arm & a leg" for it..and without every having it I was unwilling to "spring" for it..but this was quite affordable..I had always heard that it was similar to parmesan cheese in taste..but by tasting..not exactly but similar..and when I go to Aldi Tuesday will probably grab another container or two to squirrel away..and then took the slight detour up the hill to the ATM for my "ten day walking around money"..and mid-afternoon a walk to the lobby for my afternoon toffee coffee..by way of and back via the parking lot..and a sit-down on one of the outdoor benches to drink the coffee and enjoy a very pleasant day..speaking of squirrel as I went out the back door on my walk for toffee coffee was confront by a grey squirrel about 4 feet from the door..and as soon as I opened the door the little guy beat feet..in a hurry..back in the day when I hunted..hunting grey squirrel was one of my favorite hunts..a love me some squirrel meat chili....
   But just a few things to do before I take leave of the day..and probably my senses as well..but before one or the other occurs I will bid you a goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment