Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

*[16:39 UTC-5]*[+35*F/+28*F(w/windchill)_overnight lo:+31*F_light rain changing to snow ending around 18:00_ winds from the west@8 mph_humidity:94%_barometer:29.64"/\_tomorrow's hi/lo"+37*F/+31*F_partly cloudy_winds from the west@6 mph..humidity:80%]*[This Evening oh MadTrollie;[Bach];]*
   The weather really wasn't that bad today..we got maybe a couple of inches of snow..no big deal in these parts..where I've seen it snow a foot or more an hour..but the threat of even light rain which occurred during the daylight hours..and the possible slippery conditions keep this gimpy..grumpy..old codger with balance issues in my rooms..but the weather is forecast to be clear thru Saturday PM..so will pick my spots to go to Price Chopper..Ollie's & Dollar General..nothing I need urgently..and Aldi as well but because Aldi is in the opposite direction will walk twice....ergo....have been in my rooms all day..I only hit the breakfast buffet every other day and grab enough for two days..by agreement with the management..and have spent time on line to be sure but have taken more breaks than/usual to watch some episodes of NCIS..first one this AM was the first episode/first season and always one of my favs..as have been a couple more during the day..../....don't know if it will entail any amount of time but a friend has started an FB group and I've volunteered to leaned a "hand" if he needs help..he's a year or two older than my brother and met him when we moved to Watertown and the same neighborhood..some 54 years ago..../....I usually have a hard-boiled egg with my first meal..usually just quarter it..but this morning decided to devil it..salt..pepper..a dash of hot paprika flakes..a dash of white wine vinegar..a few capers..crushed dried shallot..chopped egg yolk..all mixed together with a little good olive oil mayonnaise..served along side..a banana..a square of coffee cake..a fruit and grain bar..some sliced dry italian salami..a hunk of good blue cheese..and a yogurt.."washed" down by a cold iced white tea..and a spiced up tomato juice(s/vodka)..a pretty typical first meal for me every morning..../....but just a thing or three to deal with before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[17/10 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment