Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 7, 2020

 *[16:20 UTC-5]*{+24*F/+18*F(w/windchill)_overnight lo:+20*F_cloudy_winds from the north@5 mph_humidity :75%_barometer:29.84"~_Tuesday's hi/lo:+28*F/+23*F_partly cloudy_winds from the w/n/w@7 mph_ humidity:67%]*[This Evening on MadTrollie;[Bach];]*
   Had thought about taking a walk to Aldi today..in fact last night had pretty well decided to..needed to walk either today or Tuesday and was pretty sure today was the day..didn't sleep as well last night as I have been and my sense of balance was off especially earlier in the day today..one of the effects that my essential tremors have is I have balance issues..usually not that bad..if I'm careful..now if I'm out of my rooms either in the hotel I live in or outside I always care a cane..but not in my rooms..usually don't have a major problem..but today a;though nothing catastrophic did have a few minor incidents so decided to forego the walk..should be fine tomorrow but if not then there is always the option of delivery to consider...../....ergo..except for a couple of walks to the lobby have been warm..cozy & safe since Friday afternoon here in my "fortress of solitude"..and with few exceptions have spent the bulk of my time online..../...speaking of which I'm a member of an FB group for peeps 55 & older who grew up in the Buffalo NY area..I basically graduated from high school there and 2 days later started my first shift in the core-room of a foundry here in the Northcountry of NY (a summer job)..and have here remained in the area until now save for nine semesters of college..but a friend from back in the day invited me..replied to a post this morning.."If you suddenly received a large sum of money who would you spend it on first"..most of the responses were children..spouse or grand kids..my immediate response was..Me..I mean who deserves it more..and although I'm sure I'd spend some on myself..I'd probably anonymously..donate some to two local organizations..one the local ASPCA..all but one of the four legged pets I have had over the years were rescues..and my current situation precludes me from adopting a pet..but there is a need there..and the other unnamed here that gave me a hand up many years ago when I was as we would have said back in the day.."down on my luck"..and they do good work..../....speaking of work..still a few tasks to complete..ergo.."nite all"....[16:53 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment