Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 20, 2020

 *[18:27 UTC-5]*[+34*F/+24*F(w/windchill)_cloudy_winds from the south@11_humidity:87%_barometer:29.90"\/]*
*[Monday's hi/lo:+38*F/+30*F_mostly cloudy_winds from the s/s/2@8 mph_humidity:85%]*
*{Playing this evening on MadTrollie;[J P Lully];]*
   It was a busy morning but thanks to the fact that I had started today's posting to "Trollie's Game Room" last night rather than wait until this morning as/usual I was able to get the greater bulk of my normal online game play done well before I left for an anticipated "Christmas Dinner" with my brother and his wife..My brother picked me me up about 11:30 and I returned just after 17:30 this evening but six hours+ well spent..very nice tradition Christmas meal..ham..parsley buttered potatoes..Brussels sprouts..a mince pie..and fruit cake..okay..okay..I've heard all the jokes and jibs but I enjoy a good fruit cake and this one was excellent..she got it from a Mennonite bakery..done in traditional fashion and very good..my brother's wife is an excellent cook and enjoyed the meal greatly....
  But even more I enjoyed the friendly conversation afterwards..both my brother and his wife are former public school teachers..both are retired..he a band director/instrumental music teacher & for many tears refereed high soccer games..she was duel certified to teach  both French & Spanish..but for most of her career taught Spanish..both are very intelligent and knowledgeable in many and varied subjects..and both have slightly different points of view..different perspectives than I..and I greatly enjoy the discussions..an arena of thought where it can be agreed upon to occasional agree to disagree..and than more on to another subject..found a worthy cause to donate the "gift card" I was given and posted about below..and will consider donating to that cause again....
   Although I greatly enjoyed the day I find myself quite tired and although there are a couple of things I could do I think I may just chill-out for a bit and that make my way to my bed..ergo.."nite all"....[19:00 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment