Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 11, 2021

 *[16:25 UTC-4]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]..dang..it's been seven days since my last post & in my defense..I have no defense..very bad Trollie..no biscuit..the weather has been quite calm & cooler of late & with all changes of the seasons my damaged joints have been protesting quite vigorously over the last  few days & as quite often happens my G I tract has joined in the "fun & I've been experiencing some minor but irritating issues there as well..It's "Columbus Day" here in the USA..a federal holiday..but over the last several years Columbus' reputation have fallen in to a state of disrepute that it is passing by without hardly a notice..in the past many stores would hold "Columbus Day Sales" & I've seen nor heard of one in this area..my only really memory of Colum-bus Day (a Monday holiday)..several years ago..the day before driving to church that Sunday morning thru about 15" of new fallen snow..Winter comes early some years..nothing of particular import has occurred over the intervening week since my last posting..the usual shopping..online game play & trying to "ride herd" on my FB groups.."The Farthest Side" where I'm a mod has been quiet.."May the Fat Side be with you" has been any & everything but quiet..but  over the last day or two has settled down a little..disagreements have at times degraded into very pointed personal attacks & that cannot be tolerated..ergo..some members are now former members..it seems that ye olde concept of agreeing to disagree is no longer  in vogue...../.....one sad thing..the passing of an old friend..my wallet..now I frankly don't remember when I bought it..but based on the style of it it certainly wasn't in this century..but it had seen it's better days a couple of years ago..but when things started dropping out of it  I decided to get a new one..decided to look at T J Maxx..they didn't have anything I liked but did find a bottle of artichokes..a tin of herring in mustard sauce & a tin of hot pepper flakes..& then of to Dollar General..found Mossy Oak Tri-fold wallet & a couple of apple pocket pies..a typical shopping trip for me..go out to find a specific item & end up with a sling  bag full of things I didn't know I needed until I saw them in the store(s) for sale..well at least this time I did end up with what I had originally go out to get..hasn't always happen that way..tomorrow will be my 886 month birth day..well as of 08:00 AM..what a minute since we are currently still on "Daylight Savings Time" here in the USA &  the clocks are set ahead an hour..better wait until 09:00 to celebrate..../....little is left of what I'd like to do before I take my rest..but still  a few things remain..ergo.."nite all"....[17:11 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment