Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 4, 2021

 *[[16:23 UTC-4]*..dang..I've been a very bad Trollie..I  haven't posted since last Wednesday..no biscuit...have been shopping several times over the intervening days..by en-large most of what I've bought is the the usual run of the mill food stuff..did get an "everything" aioli & a spicy chipotle sauce at T J Maxx & a replacement for my copper infused compression gloves at Ollie's..had worn out the last pair..over the years I have damaged my heads & wrists in a number of ways..from sport..occupationally & just because sometimes I can be an incredible klutz..made the best example..although maybe I should have said the worst example happened many years ago..fall of 1968..when I was playing small college soccer..(what most of the rest of the world calls foot-ball)..I was a mid-fielder & usually took on the role of "stopper" if the other side had a gift scorer..but our team that year (3rd year I played) only had 2 goalies..ergo..the new coach decided we needed a designated field player to be a "disaster keeper" if both went down or got ejected..(both had quick tempers)..I got the nod..I trained once a week with the keepers & took my turn in the nets during scrimmages..one day..our best striker split the defense straight up the middle..I pulled out about 6' to cut down the angle & shaded him a bit to my left..his fav shot was top left corner..yup..he hit a low slider towards the bottom right..dove back with my hands together to deflect it around the post..which I did..what I also did was hit the 4x4 inch hardwood post with all 8 fingers & sprained both wrists..I guess I let out a blood curdling scream..I had my hands under my armpits..coach.."let me see your hands"..me.."first check on the ground I think I might have knocked a couple of my fingers off"..course I hadn't but it sure did feel like I had..game next day..hands were a mess..but our center-mid was out with an injury & I subbed for him & didn't need the use of my hands..../....had been on FB earlier in the day & had played poker which I log-on to with my FB account..well first reaction was..okay what did I do to get kicked off FB..but sure discovered it was off-line..& since I log-on to the poker site I play out thru my FB account can't get on there either..which isn't a problem since I usually play about 05:00 local time..unless FB is down..yesterday there has been a member of "May the Far Side be with you" whom had become an issue..rules-wise..had been figuratively speaking "kicking dirt on the "line" but no crossing it..but yesterday..made a very nasty personal attack on another member..I had had enough..he's now a former member..../.....just a few things left to finish off my day..ergo..nite all....
....[17:06 UTC-4]..../..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment