Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 21, 2021

 *[16:17 UTC-4]*{On Today's Playlist]
   Well its been 6 days since I last posted (Bad!! Trollie..no biscuit) & the sidewalk is still tore-up..well at least they have the forms into pour the new slabs but that been done for a couple of days & according to the advanced weather report should weather tomorrow & Saturday & the rain for at least  part of the day for the next 10 days or so..anyways I hope they get the concrete poured before the snow flies..now here's my immediate problem..I have my regular 6th month check-up with the doctor#08:45 tomorrow..& you get three guess & you'll only need one..which sidewalk do I normally use to get there?..oy vey..so I took a little recon walk just before sitting done to write this posting to figure out if there was a safe way to get there without having to walk in the street..what I would only do as a last resort..the idea of walking on one of the busiest streets in the small city I live in even@ 08:30 in the morning is something I would rather not attempt..did have a reasonable way that does entail a little "off-roading" so if I'm careful shouldn't be a problem..[knock wood}..I do have some experience..while in college I competed in cross-country & at the time our home course was ranked the toughest college cross-country course in the Northeastern USA..in the western foothills of the Pocono Mountains..maybe 400 flat yards out of 4.6+ miles..on the other hand that was 52 years ago this Autumn..ergo..I will endeavor to be very cautious...../....over the last free days I have final found both at T J Maxx & Aldi an assortment of salami sausages..whole not sliced..haven't been able to find them recently so bought about 4 different varieties  & have  been enjoying them thinly sliced for my second meal..a long with a roll..a few olives & a potion of a "room-made" tuna pasta salad..what is commonly referred to as a "cold plate lunch"..have been enjoying them greatly..../....as I mentioned above I have my regular check up with the doctor tomorrow..have been feeling pretty good of late so don't anticipate any problems but than I am nearing my 74th  year on this rock we call Earth & lets face it..the clock is ticking & none of us now when we might pass our "use by date:"..dang..enough with the serious talk..have all but everything that needs done today done..just my meal & my shower & meds to attend to before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:59 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment