Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 22, 2021

 *[16:10 UTC-4]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
   As i mentioned in yesterday'as post (yes I'm actually posting two days-in-a-row)..I had my regular 6th month check-up with the doc today & had scouted the alternate route twixt my rooms in the hotel I live in to the doc's office because the city DPW has the section of sidewalk I normally would  use all torn-up & fenced off..decided with a wee bit of caution was doable..well Wilbur..it was raining when I awoke this morning (had over slept a tad) & although it has stopped the grass was still quite wet & there were a few downhill/side-hill stretches in the route I had planned..ergo..a wee bit of caution because extreme caution & diligence..so had planned to start out about 08:20 but decided to leave around 08:10..made the trek at a snails pace but got there on time & in one piece..went through the exam..had bloods draw & got the thumbs up from the doc & an appointment in 6 months time..I have to admit that being 73 years old & 74 is just around the corner in December I do approach my visits to the doc with a little apprehen-sion..I had been feeling pretty good of late but then..??..so it is with a certain sense of relief that I'm experiencing this afternoon ..since I was passing by Aldi on the other-side of the street decided to "pop" over for a few items..now I couldn't get to the button to activate the walk light but traffic was light & I know the sequence well so off I went..last time there had forgotten to get mini-naan bread..got that a bottle of worcestershire sauce..a couple of bottles of sparkling water & when looking through the cheeses discovered they had gotten in some small "bricks" of feta cheese..they had had just the crumbles which I find too dry so got an 8 oz.(227g) piece..feta is one of my favorite cheeses & I use it when I have it in my evening rustic egg-white frittata..the whole trip to doc & Aldi took only 70 minutes & as I had played some extra solitaire games last night to "buy" me some time today..except for 3 games of Crescent I had my day's play done by just after 12:00..watched a little "Paw Patrol" whilst enjoying my "cold plate" mid-day meal..took the short walk down the hill to Ollie's & Dollar General..just the usual fare..back to the rooms & played three games of "Crescent"..so my game playing for the day is complete..will check the evening TV schedule to see if anything is worth my time & maybe "kick around" the net for awhile..just my nightly routine of shower & meds & my evening meal remain of things that must be done..ergo.."nite all"....*[16:48 UTC-4]*..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment