Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 15, 2021

 *[16:30 UTC-4]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*..what a day..checked the weather this AM..rain most of the day tomorrow & Sunday..checked my supply of bananas..dang..now normally that's a short walk out the main door of the hotel I live in..across the front lawn of the back I have my accounts in..cross a side street..cross Arsenal at the walk light & into Aldi's parking lot..easy.. breezy..lemon squeezy..however..they have the side walk on the north side of the street ripped up from just past the hotel driveway..past the side-street & the cross walk p ast Denny's to the office buildings where my doc'\s office is..I truly hope that's fix before next Friday because I have my 6th month checkup scheduled..[finger crossed..knock wood}..so today's quest for the wild banana required an alternate route..out the  back door & take the route by way of the oft-mentioned "loop" to the corner of Western &Arsenal..the next available crosswalk..this old man ain't going to attempt J-walking the busiest street in town..crossed to the south side & to Aldi..passing the hotel on the way..best guess an extra 3/8th to a 1/2 mile..1-way..got the usual fare & they still had a wedge of the artisan sheep's milk/goat's milk cheese that I enjoy greatly so grabbed another wedge..had a nice chat with one of the kids that works there..(now if I was 40 years younger....) & then re-traced my steps back to the hotel & my rooms..../....the last few day's since my last posting has been uneventful save of course for the construction or more accurately the destruction of the side walk & the blocking of the crosswalk I use on a regular basis...but one way to describe the seasons here in the Northcountry of old New York State is that we only real have two seasons..Winter & Construction..the latter has been greatly curtailed with the CV-19 restrictions..usual from Spring to Fall the hotel I live is is full of construction workers whom are working on one or another of the multiple projects in the area..just the /usual shopping trips..a few walks around the "loop" & of course my on-line gaming & "riding herd" on both the "Farthest Side" & "May the Far Side be with you"..FB group[s where i'm a mod on the former & an admin on the latter..some days it takes up a little more time than I would like but in the long run it's worth the effort...../.....thinking about raking the short walk down the hill to Dollar General before my evening meal & my daily shower/meds routine..ergo.."nite all"....[17:07 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment