Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 20, 2021

 *[15:35 UTC-5]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
...Been 5 days since my last posting on Wednesday last..a very winding nasty day Thursday & with my balance issues due to my essential tremor condition I don't venture out with winds 25 mph+..just spent a quiet day in my rooms..I had planned to take the short walk to Aldi on Friday..had forgotten to get a couple of things on my last trip there & stop at the bank on the way back to pickup my "10 day walking around money"..got up at the usual time on Friday around 04:00..took care of my early morning offline rituals & logged on to the net..there was an alert that I have an update pending..got online & shutdown for the update..when i turned the computer back on..just a blank screen..discovered if I clicked on the magnifying glass I did get a screen but could get no further..dang..Staples doesn't open to 09:00..spent until just before 09:00 watching what little was on at that hour..reruns of "Charmed" & just before 09:00 put the laptop in my sling bag & off to Staples (in the same plaza as Price Chopper & T J Maxx).. well Wilbur..a very skilled tech did the voodoo that he do & had me up & running in just under a half an hour..back to my rooms.. that certainly put the kibosh on my usual daily schedule..decided to just drop the laptop off in my rooms & headed for Aldi got just a few things plus the items I had forgotten the tother day & a quick stop at the bank..my /usual early morning session of poker on "Replay Poker\" turned into a late morning session & the rest of the day was catch as catch can..a little shopping on Saturday & on Sunday we got the first semi-significant snow of the year..not much...maybe 3 or 4 " but it's the first snowfall of the year that didn't melt on contact with the ground..so stayed warm & snug in my rooms..a decent nights sleep last night & just after 09:00 another walk to Aldi..the sidewalks were a little dicey..some ice & hard pack in spots but with my Duluth Trading Wild Boer Moccasins on my feet I made the trip with out incident (I can't wear high-cut shoes or boots..an old Achilles tendon injury in a soccer game 54 years ago this past October) anyways..have spent the rest of the day in my rooms & online..just my usual online gaming routine..been a good day..just a few more details to iron-out before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:13 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment