Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

 *[16:22 UTC-4]*[MT-Today's Playlist]*
   I have been a very bad Trollie I haven't posted since October 22nd..on the other hand I've been a very good Trollie..haven't got into any trouble & have just been living the quiet..simple life that I have chosen to live as a gimpy..grumpy..old codger..case in point..rain was predicted for most of the day here in ye olde Northcountry of upstate NY & awoke stiff & sore as I often do on cooler & damp days..well Wilbur..a glance at the local weather & radar came as no surprise to me having resided in this area since the summer of '66..(that's 1966 although on mornings like it feels like 1866)..high temperature today was forecast at 39*F & the over night low at 33*F & a look at the area radar showed that although we weren't predicted to get any snow..it was in the offing for the Tug Hill Plateau just to the south & east of us & the Adirondack Mountains to the east of us here..I guess winter has come to the area early as//usual..I think I've mentioned before driving to church one morning in October thru a little over a foot of snow & another year driving to church one morning in May with maybe 15" of that miserable white stuff..anyways..since I've posted last it's just been the typical for me routine..but thankfully it must be sausage season again..haven't been able to  find any good italian salami for months & just within the last week or so bot T J Maxx &7 Aldi's have gotten in several different varieties.. which have found there way onto a cold plate 2nd meal [link]..also found at T J Maxx some Riga Gold sardines packed in glass & they have made several appearances as well was some sardines in mustard sauce & smoked oysters as well..been stocking my winter pantry with the usually assortment of canned meats & other items..being a walker up here in the winter there are days sometimes a few in-a-row where there is either too much snow or the weather is just to dang cold for me to venture out..although when I was working the shipping dock it was nor usual for me to be in the yard with the windchill@-40*F..but this old codger if it's below 0*F I'm staying in my rooms..besides..Aldi & Price Chopper deliver..../....got everything that's needs doing today done..save for my shower & meds & evening meal..the USA Network is showing "Shooter" one of my fave flicks just after 17:00 local time so I'm off..ergo.."nite all".....[16:52 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment