Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 29, 2003

It�s been an interesting day. Was at work until 11:00 got everything basically done, just a little to finish Monday. Decided to take a run past the golf course just to see what shape it was in. Clubhouse is still boarded up, but on the whole not too bad. I�ve seen it wetter, but besides me all that was out there were Canadian geese and a few seagulls. Decided to head to the mall and went right past a place that sells the greatest blue cheese, stopped in and bought a � pound. Needless to say not all of it got home as I nibbled on it the rest of the morning. Although one does not normally think of upstate New York as an Amish area over the last few years several families have moved in. particularly into one section of St. Lawrence County. One of the families makes some of the best traditional hard pretzels I�ve ever tasted, and another makes excellent cheese. The blue, which is sold at the store I stopped at, is wonderful. Great flavor and a creamy texture which with care you can spread. Now if you can only get somebody up here making old fashion German beer�.nirvana�.
Spent some time in Wal-Mart and Kmart just looking at the golf stuff. Didn�t see anything I need, or even want for that matter. Of course want is the important part. I often buy what I don�t really need. Got some lunch and got home. Have been fighting off an infestation of the bouncing cat. Smoky has been alone too long this morning and as I type this I�ve throw her off my lap at least a half dozen times. She�s a lovely, loveable little critter but has a bad sense of timing.
Well I want to surf for a while and do my daily walk thru blogland. I have about 8 or 9 sites I read daily and another dozen or so I hit from time to time so I�m off. And before somebody tags me , �yah I know I�ve been off for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment