Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 7, 2021

 *[16:20 UTC-5]*{On MT-Today's Playlist]*
   I've been a very bad Trollie again..or is it still..it's been 5 days since I've posted last..bad Trollie..no biscuit..you may have notice that I've changed my time code from UTC-4 to UTC-5..no I haven't moved but at 02:00 this morning the USofA went off "Daylight Savings Time" & I'm no back on "Eastern Standard time..except for nine semesters of college I've lived in and around Watertown NY for the last 55 years & counting...spent the first 18+ years in & around Buffalo NY..yup..moved from the "Lake Effect Snow Belt" off Lake Eire to the "Lake Effect Snow Belt" off Lake Ontario..[shakes his old grey head]..only different is winters in these parts are colder than what they were in Western NY..one day in the early 70's there was a day when the outdoor temperature was -55*F w/50 mph winds..windchill was over -100*F..I was told that frostbite/hypothermia could occur in less than a minute..need-less to say..went nowhere that day..just hung out with my Mrs in our warm..comfortable apartment & watch some TV..only day I recall thatg the city was basically shutdown for the day because of the cold weather..anyways..been a quiet few days..most of my days are..by design rather that chance..I'll be 74 in just over a months time & quite frankly do my best to avoid the drama that modern life tends to bring..nothing out of the /usual has occurred..did find another hot sauce I had never tried before..an italian one..not bad..that brings up  my inventory of different hot sauces to 29 differnt kinds & that doesn't count the dry flakes & ground chilies & other assorted spices..I eat very simply but I like my spices..although I must use discretion..there are days that they don'y like me..or rather my stomach..../....my body awoke by it's internal clock at the usual time..of course that was about 03:00..dang time change..so I rolled back over..caught another "40 winks"[link] & awoke again just a tad before my preferred 04:00 starting time to my day & save for the short walk to the "lobby" to pick up a few things form the breakfast buffer & a quick stroll around the oft-mentioned "loop" have spent the day in my "fortress of solitude"..the /usual look-ins on the two FB groups were I'm either a mod or an admin..a successful session of poker on "Replay Poker" & my daily run of both sims & solitaire games...../....not much remains of the day..just my daily shower & taking of my meds..my evening repast (yes spices & hot sauces will make an appearance)..maybe a little YT before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all""....[17:08 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment