Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 18, 2021

 *[15:41 UTC-5]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
...When I last posted on Sunday the weather for the next two days was predicted to be rainy on Monday & rain/winter mix/snow on Tuesday..well Wilbur..it did rain most of Monday but Tuesday although we did get a dusting of snow over night it was clear most of the day but just a little over 32*F & with a 10+ mph wind..quite bitter but braved the elements & got a few things at Aldi..yesterday was just as cold but bright sun & little wind so went to both Price Chopper & T J Maxx..got back to the rooms.. realized it was time to pickup my "ten day walking around money" at the bank so up the hill & took care of that..been raining all day today so haven't left the warmth of my rooms..tomorrow & Saturday both are forecast to have temperatures in the lower 40's F but winds are predicted to be in the 15 mph range tomorrow & only about 5 mph Saturday..unless I discover I need something urgently will probably wait to Saturday to walk to Big Lots & Aldi..but the weather here abouts is very changeable..the old gag up here is "you don't like the weather..wait 15 minutes..it will probably change..I had an old friend years ago..he pasted about 11 years ago..he was fond of saying that "The weathermen were the only people he knew that were paid for being right..25% of the time"..I always told him he was too optimistic..but as I live just 20 miles of the east end of Lake Ontario..one of the  so called "Great Lakes" between the  USA & Canada..they are in part responsible for much of our weather..[link][I've also put a map in the footer]..../....awoke this morning just before 04:00..I have for the last couple of days & feel like I've finally adjust to  the change from "Daylight Savings Time" back to "Eastern Standard Time"..has always taken me a little time to adjust..but  with the damp conditions of the last several days awoke very stiff & sore & it took me longer than /usual to get my tuckus in gear..had a decent day on "Replay Poker" & finished my Sims&Solitaire play by 15:30..only break was a 45 minutes to prepare & consume my cold plate lunch..finished the salmon salad mentioned in the previous post so once I get this posting wrapped up will probably make either a pasta or potato salad for the next few days..little is left to the completion of my tasks for the day save for my daily shower & taking of my meds & a look-in or three on my FB groups & maybe play a little Mahjong..anyways & ergo.."nite all"....
....[16:21 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment