Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 19, 2021

 *[15:28 UTC-5]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
..I mentioned yesterday that I was planning to take a walk to Big Lots & Aldi either today or tomorrow & although both days promised temperature with windchill around the 32* F mark..the winds today were predicted to be in the 15 mph range & tomorrow in the 10 mph range..because of my essential tremor condition [link] I have balance issues & even though I walk with a cane a strong gust can give me a problem..but after checking the weather forecast for both days..it was a wash..both days forecast were for all intents "carbon copies"..ergo..made the walk this morning..between getting bundled up for the conditions the walk & all was out for the better part of an hour..at least the DPW has finally got  the  sidewalk work completed..but crosswalks I use have been in one state of construction for the better part of a month or more & even the though of this gimpy..grumpy..old codger trying to "J-walk" [link] one of the busiest streets in the small city I live in scares me..ergo..crosswalks with walk lights.. Now according to New York Traffic Regulations..if I'm crossing in a walk lane with the walk light I have the right of way over every vehicle save for a US-Postal truck..no joke..must have something to do with their Creed..all other vehicles have to yield the right-of-way to the pedestrian..well Wilbur..I have so many close calls with peeps turning left off the side-street by the crosswalk I use to go to Aldi..actually had my hand on the left bumper of a econobox [link] when the driver stop..rolled down the window..a rather ditzy millennial chick..with "sorry I didn't see you"..I'm short but not that short..probably on her cellphone [link]..oy vey..now if I walk to Aldi's right around 09:00 on a weekday..on my way back I often encounter one of the right-drive USPS jeeps turning left from the side-street (main post office is located on that street) & the woman driving it always waves me thru & of course I tip my hat to her..go figure...../....didn't make a stop at Big Lots as I had intended..but got the usual fare at Aldi..but as is my habit..had my list with me & didn't look at it & forgot hummus..dummkopf..changed second meal up a bit..a tuna pasta salad I'd made last night..some cheesy bread & warmed up some pre-cooked & breaded shrimp..washed down with a ginger ale..../....still just a few derails to deal with before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[16:40 UTC-5]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment