Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

[10:20 UTC-5]
[+35*..cloudy..winds: south@5 mph..humidity: 68%..barometer: 30.30" \/..rain is forecast to begin around 24:00 tonight and continue through about 07:00 tomorrow when it changes to snow which will continue through 14:00..1 to 3 inches expected..Thursday and Friday daytime highs in the mid-30's F..Now Playing: ["Hornblower: Duty"]..
   When I walk this morning to Aldi for the usual food stuffs..it was quite windy..temperatures in the lower 40's F..and a very bitter, biting wind..and the weather appears to be turning colder..I always re-act poorly physically to the weather when it's unsettle..cool one day, warm the next and :bouncing between the two extremes..if it's got to be cold..then let it be cold..after living almost most of my 72 years either in the Buffalo NYS area or up here in the Northcountry of NYS [save for 9 semesters of college all  of which were in the northeastern USA]..I know how to deal with Winter..mind you I said I know how to deal with it..not that I enjoy it..but it's what I known..
   As Winter approaches I'm reminded of years ago the mechanic at the garage I took my car[s] to when asked if he had heard how much snow was predicted in an up coming storm would always reply.."a trace to 8 feet"..but you get so used to it after many Winters that we practically ignore any snow fall under a foot..I'm also reminded of a store clerk [obviously from the south..probably an army wife who's husband was posted to Fort Drum [link]]..saw it snowing lightly..and thought it was a blizzard..I just shook my head and had to tell her she hadn't see nothing yet..
   Besides the morning walk have spent a quiet day..and I dearly like and enjoy quiet..stress free days..for many years I ran the shipping/receiving/warehousing departments of a small local factory..plus was responsible for inventory/inventory control..and order planning not only for my departments but also the majority of the raw materials for the production department..so high stress days and long hours were my constant companion..but those days are thankfully behind me..never to return [knock wood [link]]..
  Still have a few things to attend to before I call it a day..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment