Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, November 11, 2019

[19:26 UTC-5]
[+21*F..w/wind-chill: +9*F..snow..winds: n/n/e@12 mph..humidity: 90%..barometer: 30.09" \/]..
[snowing now through 08:00 tomorrow..expected accumulation of 6 to 10 inches]..
[Now Playing:[Vivaldi]..
   It's been snowing now for a few hours and so far we have only gotten a couple of inches of snow but more is expected..have put a copy of the "Winter Weather Warning" from the National Weather Service in the footer..this is really no big deal other than it is the first "real" storm of the Winter..oops I mean late Autumn..according to the calendar Winter  doesn't officially begin until December 21st @23:19 UTC-5..but apparently up here in the Northcountry of New York State..the weather doesn't have a calendar..or just ignores it..
  Have been in my rooms for the 2nd straight day..and probably won't venture outside tomorrow either..because I don't drive anymore and walk everywhere..and with experience in this area..know that it usual takes about 24 hours for the sidewalks to get cleared properly..in fact by local ordinance the property owners have 24 hours to clear the  sidewalks from the end of the storm..besides my Winter..oops late Autumn pantry is full..and if I have the need or desire to "stretch my legs"..there are some long hallways here that I can and often do use for that purpose..there are to different adages locals use to describe the seasons up here..1] "We have two seasons here..Winter & Construction:..or..2] "We have 3 seasons..Winter..Just was Winter..& Soon will be Winter"..but except for 9 semesters of college [all in the northeastern USA]..I've spent my whole life either in the lee of Lake Erie [Buffalo NY area] or up here in the lee of Lake Ontario..so I  know how to deal with Old Man Winter..as I get older myself..don't particularly like him very much..but I can handle it..still things to deal with before I call it a "day"..nite all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment