Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

[20:31 UTC-5]
[+42*F..mostly cloudy..winds: w/s/w@11 mph..humidity: 65%..barometer: 30.15" /\..daytime temperatures through Sunday in the lower 40's F and mid 30's F..overnight temperatures from lower 30's F to as low as lower 20's..rain/snow predicted for both Thursday and Sunday..a prelude to winter.."Now Playing"..["another My Mix"]..
   I think I mentioned last night that I was nodding off while making my nightly post..well I basically crashed out and went to bed around 20:30 last night..now normally I'm up and at 'um by just a little after 05:00...after my usual bedtime of about 21:30..this morning never really surfaced until after 06:00..now I never sleep straight through the night..between being awoken by a knee or a shoulder that I've laid awkwardly on or the fact that one of my meds has diuretic properties..but it was rollover deal with the issue[s] and roll right back over..not sure what the deal was..maybe the time change with the end of Daylight Savings Time on Sunday..I've had problems in the Spring sometimes when we "lose" an hour..but never in the Fall when we "gain" it back..but I have had an ongoing problem when the transitional weather is trying to bring on Winter..which usually comes long before the calendar says it's Winter..in this area..I can remember years ago getting 3 feet of snow late evening on Thanksgiving [in the USA it's celebrated on the 4th Thursday in November]..also I can remember years ago playing golf on the Halloween and playing the back nine in a snow shower by the time we finish there was 3 to 4 inches of snow on the ground..but knowing it was the last time we'd play that year we finished the round..
   I guess for whatever reason I slept as much as I did last night feel decent today..walked twice..first mid-morning..just was the overnight rain was abating..to Big Lots..just some black sea salt. a jar of caper berries, some basil, and 2 bottles of prickly pear soda..and then about 15:30 to Ollie's..some beef jerky, and a cheese knife..a stop at the Thrift Store..got a box grater..and discovered that like Big Lots they have a senior discount on Tuesday..will have to remember that..and a stop at Dollar General for a jug of veggie juice..and on my the way back to my rooms encountered a very biting bitter wind..oy vey..winter is just around the corner at least here in the Northcountry of old New York State..have a late drop on the live poker game I play [due to my late start this AM] and then off to bed..nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment