Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

[18:55 UTC-5]
[+17*F..w/wind-chill: +5*F..partly cloudy..winds: w/n/w@11 mph..humidity: 54%..barometer: 30.14" /\..Now Playing:[Handel]..
   I did some thing today that in retrospect was pretty dang stupid..and the fact that except for the fact that my left knee has been complaining to me a little..i got away with it..it didn't snow near as much as predicted..apparently the first predictions were that the winds would be out of the w/s/w..with means they come along the long axis of Lake Ontario and we in the Northcountry gets dumped on..the dread "Lake-Effect Snow" but apparently the winds shift to the w/n/w and across the short axis..rather than hitting the eastern shore of the Lake, it hit the  southern shore..Rochester/Syracuse area..anyways we got maybe 3 or 4 inches of snow...but it was also quite cold..now I'm starting my 10 Winter living where I do..mostly plazas..big box stores..fast food  restaurants..and almost everyone drives..and it usually takes at least 24 hours before all the sidewalks are passable..I know this all to well..besides I really had no good reason to walk anyways..until Thursday..when the  temperatures will be above freezing for the first time in a few days..however..I hadn't been outside since Saturday..and the thought of staying in for 4 days was overwhelming..and despite my better judgement..assuming I actually have better judgement..I took the short walk to Aldi..and as I had expected the sidewalks were a mess..but the street was wet but clear..I walked in the street  to the crosswalk..but was walking "against traffic" so I could see what was coming..got to the crosswalk but the sidewalk was so bad I couldn't get to the button to engage the walk light..but know the lights  very well and walked when it was safe..got what I needed..or rather what I would have needed if I walked Thursday..same deal on the walk light on the way back but traffic was light..but  didn't dare walk in the street with traffic..not the way peeps drive in this area..in the spring I was walking in the cross walk with the walk light..and when the car finally stopped I had a hand on the hood of an "econobox " trying to remember my best matador ole move..window rolls down..and this rather ditzy female millennial says to me "I'm sorry I didn't see you"..oy vey..I may not be that big..but it was broad daylight..probably on a smart phone..I trudged through the shoveled sidewalk..and that's when my left knee starting singing it's sad song..seems to ok now but will rub it with icy/hot before bed time..speaking of which..things to do before I sleep..nite all..[dang..another novella]..  

No comments:

Post a Comment