Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 7, 2019

[21:11 UTC-5]
[+26*F..mostly cloudy..winds: southeast@1 mph..humidity: 87%..barometer: 30.16..clear but colder Friday and Saturday..daytime highs in the mid-30's F..rain Sunday PM...snow on both Monday and Tuesday..accumulation up to 4"..Now Playing:[Enigma Variations]]..
   I walked just before 09:00 this morning..needed to make stops at both at Price Chopper and the convenience store..just a few things that could have waited until tomorrow or Saturday but decided to do it today..temperature was in the mid-30's F..which compared to what lies a head really isn't that cold..but my first cold weather walk of the season..decided I didn't need the heavy cold weather gear..left the Carhart jacket and lined sweat pants in the closet..just put on one of my heavier hoodies and my lined flannel shirt over my indoor clothes..and a wool hat..and wore my winter shoes..they have tread on them that an off-road tire would be envious of..the shoes are waterproof..but low cuts..not fit for trudging through deep snow..but I can't wear any type of "high cut" shoe or boot..when I played soccer years ago I had the misfortune of straining one of my Achilles tendons and it complains very loudly even to this day if I dare put a high cut shoe or boot on it..it had just started snowing lightly..just tiny grains of snow when I  got to Price Chopper..a couple of different peppers and a baby egg plant..but I always check out the international food section..love finding some thing unique.something I've never tried..but found something in the Italian section..now you can find so called Romano cheese everywhere..but if you look at the ingredients it's made with cows milk..and if you can find the really stuff..Pecorino Romano [made with sheep's milk]..it's very expensive..but found a container of grated Pecorino Romano on the shelf..[a good brand "Cora"]..more expensive than the cow's milk variety..but..bought a jar and it's wonderful..will still use the other..but will save the "real" cheese for special occasions..[had to teach spell check that Pecorino is spelled correctly..oy vey][got a very early start this morning before 05:00..and just had to re-enter my WiFi password]..by the time I left Price Chopper it was snowing harder..but not a lot more..we got maybe an inch of accumulation..but the wind was out of the north/north/west..and most of the way back to my rooms was walking into the wind..but was warm and comfortable..and actually enjoyed the walk very much..
  I still have a few things to deal with this evening on-line..a late chip drop on the line game I play in about an hour..and the usual other things..so will bid you a good night..

No comments:

Post a Comment