Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 1, 2019

[19:41 UTC-4]
[+38*F..partly cloudy..winds: west@10 mph..humidity: 63%..barometer: 30.18" /\..no rain during the day tomorrow but rain is predicted to start around 22:00 tomorrow evening and extending through out Sunday..day time high in the mid-40s F with overnight lowers in the mid-30's F..]..
[Now Playing: ["Hec Ramsey"[pilot]]]..
   It was a very wet and damp couple of days until mid-morning when the rain ceased..but the winds until around 14:00 were in excess of 29 mph. and gusts over 30 mph..even after the decreased the winds were in the high teens..
  I had intended to walk after the winds had subsided some what..but thought better of it..earlier in the day while preparing my mid-day meal I turned and reached for something and if I hadn't brace myself on the table I was working at..I probably ended up on my tuckus..because of my essential tremors..I experience random balance issues..knew I'd might have trouble in the high winds earlier but after the episode I had thought better of it and stayed in again today..
  According to the forecast temperatures for the next 2 week daytime highs in the mid-40's F and overnight lows as low as mid-20's F..snow showers are possible for about 8 of then next 14 days..but winter has a habit of coming early in the "Northcountry of New York State"..
  Just a typical day for me except for the fact that I didn't take my usual couple of walks..as well has my concern about my balance issues in the high winds..because of the rain, dampness and low barometric pressure my right knee has been "talking" to me all day..and what it had to say is never pleasant..of course I can only blame myself for the condition my knees, feet, one hip, both shoulders, and back are in..between playing sport with a bit too much enthusiasm when younger..35+ years spent on a cement factory floor, and many hours driving forklift..plus I have been know from time to time being somewhat of a klutz..and have been know to attempt to do somethings that in retrospect probably weren't something I should have done..
  A few more things to attend to before I lay me down to sleep..nite all..
[[Note]: tomorrow's post I will still list the time as "UTC-4"..but starting Sunday it will be listed as "UTC-5"..I"m not moving..Daylight Savings Time [link] ends at 02:00 AM Sunday morning]

No comments:

Post a Comment