Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It’d been a restful, stress free night, stopped off on the way home and got some 10% fat ground beef to make some burgers with, there are some meals I cook that I prefer the 5% fat burger, and quite frankly never get anything but the 5% or 10% but for burger I think the 10% produces the best burger, now mind you, I’m 57, a bit forgetful and at times an idiot, I love to fry my burgers in bacon drippings, so I started out frying a bit of bacon and then forgot to dress the burgers with the slices………ate the bacon for dessert………..got some fresh baked whole wheat buns…….store bought……..trollie is great on top of the stove, fair in the broiler but the oven, especially bake goods alludes him……..dressed the buns with lettuce, mayo, a slice of red onion and ball park mustard………for those of you who have no idea what ball park mustard is, it’s a very spicy, medium brown mustard that is common in the baseball parks in the USA……………also a few spears of English cucumber lightly dressed with fresh ground sea salt, black pepper, and a bit of evoo drizzled on the top. Its very weird in a way, I use simple pre-ground black pepper, not ever a name brand, just a store brand at my local grocery, but salt…….ah salt…….trollie’s favorite spice is always fresh ground sea salt……….an odd twist I know but then I am nothing if not odd………..i looked for months for a grinder that did sea salt, you can’t use a normal pepper grinder……must have one that is designed for salt and bought about a 3 years supply of bulk salt at TJ Max because I am never too sure what the supply might be……….

I am simply about 5 things, my work, and my food. My music. My cats. And my problem…………..the first 4 I have control over, the last. My problem is beyond my control………aren’t they always…….it seems that you can be in relative control of those things you love or have affection for, but are in total un-control of those things that drive you nuts……..but I have accepted that I will deal with the results of the problem……..and there will be results of the problem……..maybe minor…….maybe quite major. But I will deal…..so the problem has become a non-problem………I will accept the consequences of my responsibilities and I ain’t gonin’ to let them trouble me no more………I am the king of the worst case scenario and I always imagine that the possible result is worse then the actually……in my job……as a materials manager it’s an advantage…….in life it’s a real drag……………

No comments:

Post a Comment