Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 14, 2005

This was a day that frankly I wish had never existed, or we (that is I) could have just taken a pass on. Not that anything really went wrong. But just that I never really “got in” to the day. Services went ok, although the voice was a bit rough in first service but at 57 years old and 8:30 in the morning what should I expect. Class went fine, but the rest of the day was a blur.

Usually dad spends Sunday with my brother and his family but they were headed for a last couple of days away before school starts, both B and his wife are teachers and they still have two kids in school, well come to think of it 3 actually, A is in his last year at the university of Richmond. And my sis and her family that dad lives with were away to day and dad was “hangin’” for lunch. Dad is 90 and we convinced him a couple of years ago to give up his driving license and the idea of him in the kitchen scares the hell out of me. Anyways he called me earlier in the week to take him out for lunch, normally an event I look forward to, dads okay and it’s usually a great time but today just wasn’t the day for it. All I really wanted to do today was hide from the world.

And the day hasn’t improved at all. I’m just spent for physically and mentally and I need some time off. Both from work and from everything else in my life. I need to be alone, and uninterrupted by the day-to-day world……..fat chance of that happening but I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment