Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 31, 2019

[19:22 UTC-4]
[+66*F..rain/T-storms..winds: south@14 mph..humidity: 2936" \/..rain and threat of T-storms..winds approaching 30 mph begin about mid-night..threat of T-storms ends but rain and high winds through 07:00 tomorrow...rains will cease but high winds continue through 14:00 hours Friday..oy vey..]
[Now Playing" [Today's My Mix]..
   As the farmers I knew while growing up in a dairy farming area outside Buffalo, NY...the weather today is not fit for man or beast..and certainly not a gimpy, grumpy, old codger with balance issues like me..I wasn't out of my rooms all day except for trips to the lobby..one for breakfast, one just to "stretch my legs"..and one just a short time ago to get my evening toffee coffee..even once the rain subsides tomorrow..I'll wait for the wind to "die down".. because of my essential tremors I at times have balance issues..last year I made the mistake of walking in high winds and I got twisted around and if it  hadn't been for the cane I carry anytime I walk outside I would  have certainly gone down..so since then I avoid walking in high winds..
  I for one am glad that tomorrow puts to an end what has become a month long celebration of Halloween..nothing on most networks but horror/Halloween movies for an entire month..even "The Farthest Side" an FB group where I'm a mod has been besieged by a flood of Halloween posts..oy vey..I can understand with the thought of free candy and a chance to dress up like your fav super hero or whatever can appeal to a child or even a young teen..but "The Farthest Side" is by-enlarge an adult group..good grief grow up people [rant over]..
  Barring having to wade through a bunch of Halloween posts..It's been a quiet, calm, restfully day..and probably will stay in for the majority of tomorrow as well..still a few things to wrap up both on and off line before I place my head on my pillow to sleep..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment