Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I think I’ve mentioned before that I sing male harmony with the worship team at my local church. We where give a great honor. We were asked to lead worship at the annual district conference. On one had it required us to pack all our equipment in to a small space and make two runs of 1 hour and 15 minutes twice…first road trip we’ve ever made…on the other hand …what a rush…we are an octet…leader on guitar…bass guitar…percussionist/violinist…keyboards…soprano lead…female harmony singer…and me… any vocal part that’s left…and our sound man…

I have been in musical groups for over 54 years…but the last 2 days…with out regrets my high point…tonight N and I knit the best harmonies we ever have…can’t decide…maybe yesterday the flow was better…tonight the mix was better…it is what it is…not to mention that B our high lead was absolutely on her game…

I’ve mentioned this before but music, vocal music defines me…

No comments:

Post a Comment