Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It’s been more then a month since I posted last…and winter is definitely upon us here in the old North Country. Had nice thanksgiving weekend…good meal at my D’s on the day and some pleasant chat with the rest of the family the Saturday after. Nephew Nate and his intended Karen were there…eight of the ten smartest peeps I’ve ever met…maybe two very odd puzzle pieces that have fortunately found the one piece they go best with…D served me a dish I have never had…from an Amish cookbook…scalloped celery. Actually it would be more a gratin because there is cheese in the dish but…(sigh)…at thanksgiving I try to make sure normally (if anything about me can be called normal) the dressing and grave are in front of me…but I did make room for that celery dish…

No comments:

Post a Comment