Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, April 23, 2005

This has been a very good day probably a type of day I needed if not the one I had planned,
there was just a chance of rain this AM and then was to clear off and be nice in the PM.......
but having lived in the old north country for 39 years I should have known better...heck it can rain up here when there is absolutely no chance of rain.......so it rained how be it lightly all morning.......which was okay since I awoke very still and sore......Weird nights sleep I slept great for about 5 hours and then very fitfully for the reat of the night.....just couldn't stay comfortable.......so went out this AM for the sole purpose of buying some stilton cheese and getting a couple of soft pretzels for breakfast.........but saw a really nice rib steak, super thin cut and got that for dinner.......
well not only did it rain in the AM but the PM while it didn't rain was overcast dreary and damp.......and as I still really hadn't loosened up at all the golf and or ride I had planned didn't seem to fit the bill......had a late lunch of knockwurst......and then a supper of broiled rib steak coated with pepper, and hammered even thinner then it started........took a whole minute a side to broil........came out tender ( no duh) and very good, with a side of steak fries and tomato and oil cured olives with 1000 island dressing............it is required by local law that we have 1000 island dressing at least once a week, seeing as how the 1000 islands are about 30 miles away (hehe).....and some canned strawberries for dessert........and I intend to have a snack of cheese a bit later.........I tend to eat canned fruit......not because it's any better then fresh....and probably not quite as tasty......but living alone fresh well some of it invariably spoils before I finish it.....so canned just makes more sense, at least more practical sense.......and I can get all I want and quite a selection from the local big lots at a fair price..........I don't choose to live alone..........well that's not entirely true........I didn't choose to live alone initially but I choose to continue to live alone......I do not have the emotional reserves left to even think about committing to another relationship.........I think I have reached a age where I can live without them..........besides I have my cats..........
physically I don't feel up to speed tonight but I feel as emotional sound as I have in a while
sis dropped the key off today and I must remember to check on day tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment