Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I guess it was dumb luck…or maybe fate but I turned on my TV just as CNN was covering the Lieberman speech at the Republican Convention…(my cable defaults to CNN…not my first choice)

A good speech (IMHO)…and significant from the stand point of the fact that this was the Dems 2000 VP candidate…who was endorsing the Repub’s 2008 ticket…the first comment was from a member of the 2000 election staff on the Dems side…who trashed the speech…(MT is totally shocked…(hehe))…dang…news reporting is at least in theory supposed to be independent without opinion…to report the news without bias and let the listener decide…yah right…(okay so lets face it I’m a troll trying to live in a human world, and quite frankly I’d rather live with my cat then with most of the people I know)if you ask me what is the single most pressing problem in the US of A today…I’d say that it’s news programs who have stopped reporting the facts and are more concerned with convincing us of their opinions of the facts…

No comments:

Post a Comment