Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don’t know what has attracted me to the reality show “Project Runway”…my idea of fashion is black turtle neck, a black bulky sweater, black pants and an ancient pair of worn out black leather moccasins…(socks are optional)…

Maybe I’m intrigued by the skill and vision…on the other hand it was not uncommon when I was a child to have a “boy doll”…and I actually tried from time to time to make clothes for it…total disaster…no skill…two left thumbs…the respect for those who can do what I tried to do and failed…catastrophically…maybe one reason…on the other hand I’ve been told by pro photographers that I have an amazing “eye” for perspective and composition…or maybe it just might be that I love games of skill…

This past season I was immediately attracted not only to the obvious skill set but to the “What the hey is the geek girl Leanne doing on the show?” Okay…I admit I’ve always been attracted to “geek गर्ल". If I saw her walking down the street I would assume she was a librarian, kindergarten teacher, or rocket scientist…the last think I would guess was fashion design…no that’s not true that would be the second to the last thing I would guess…stripper would be the last thing…okay third to the last thing…defiantly not a “trophy wife”.

Of all five seasons I thought the 3 final collections where in total the best finals ever…anyone one of the three could have won…and in a sense they all did…the real prize of “Project Runway” is not the car or the money or the title…the real prize is showing at fashion week…

But to be honest I’m a reality show junkie….

Congrats Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment