Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, October 10, 2015

i was surfing TV tonight, and watched a bit of the Mets/Dodgers...now you must know my whole family are crazy Mets fans...my opinion of the Mets ...don't go there...
but it reminded me of a fun story.
when the Mets won the 69 series.
at the time i worked for my college newspaper
we received two copies of the same photo which were posted in both the New York Times, and the New York Daily News....
in the Times the fan in the picture with her skirt up, you couldn't see her panties
in the Daily News you could
my editor and i had a debate
did the Times airbrush the panties out,
or did the Daily News airbrush them in.
a debate we could never agree on.

No comments:

Post a Comment