Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, November 2, 2015

i was thinking (okay so i avoid it because it hurts but....)about catch phrases that people i know or knew tend or tended to repeat...
1) "my mommy told me i'd have days like this ....(pause)...but not every day!!!!!!"
2) "if someone insists that they know the TRUTH...it's absolutely pointless to try to confuse them with facts"
(and my absolute one comes from the dad of friend of mine in high school)
3)"i don't mind if someone calls me a polack that's what i'm....(pause)  but if they call me a (blank) polack then i get mad" (this came complete with clenched fist)(for the (blank) fill in your favorite cuss word)

No comments:

Post a Comment