Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

i was watching a news forum and they asked the peeps their funny thanksgiving stories..and it reminded me of a story that i had to get in "the way back machine" [or if you prefer the "WABAC machine] to remember...i was ten...just short of my 11th birthday and my bro was about 10 months old...now the church we attended at the time had a morning service on Thanksgiving...mom was busy, at the same time trying to prep the turkey and get my brother ready for church... our kitchen had a double sink....the turkey thawing in one and my bother getting his morning bathe in the other....
two things:
1] i wished that i had a camera
2] i've given my bro flak about it for years...
[ to put a date on it, it was 1958]


No comments:

Post a Comment