Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, July 30, 2017

  I've been thinking tonight, okay so technically this morning about the art of communication, and how it's advanced in the new digital age, or rather how it has declined.......especially on social media.......we don't talk to each other, we text,  when we do respond to some one on Facebook we use an emoji.....or an lol, omg or wtf........the great majority of "communication" is with memes.........very little is original writing.....we tell ourselves that we are connecting with people......but are we really.....
  awhile back after an extended family meal I was sitting in a living room with a bunch of nieces and great nieces, the only sound was texting on cellphones.....at one point one of my nieces said to her daughter, "We're in the same room, 6 feet apart, talk to me, don't text me".........true story.....
  I'm not sure that I completely understand what's going on, have we, that is the modern generation lost the ability to communicate by the spoken or written word, or is it the lack of original thought, okay I grant you that maybe there is no such think as original thought......but we've or at least some of us have lost the ability to express what we believe, what we feel in our own words......to express our feelings in our own way, without the use of silly little computer generated graphics...... Die Emojis Die.......

No comments:

Post a Comment