Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 4, 2017

  With all the press with the NFL and concussions, now I never played organized american football.....but still am sure with some of the crazy things I've down I've had a hand full of concussions.....starting with a fall off a neighbors wood pile.....don't remember much other then having to get some stitches...in the back of my head...but I couldn't have been more then 5 or 6.......
  could recount a few more but let's get to may favorite (okay if you haven't figured it out yet, talking about my favorite concussion should tell you all you need to know about me)
  again during playing small college soccer, while playing striker I tried a bicycle kick and miss hit it just a bit........it hit the crossbar.......and the ball bounced back right next to me and in his haste to get to the ball one of the defenders stepped on my head.....
  while they stop the game....and kept me down......coach came out and said.......
     "Are you dizzy Bud"
    Said I "No more then usual, coach"
    "Then why are you still down", coach replied
    "Because they wouldn't let me get up", said I   

No comments:

Post a Comment