Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ah the joys of sharing your abode with a furball (AKA: cat). I mentioned the other night about Aggie and sitting on my lap while I was on the computer. Well tonight I had just starting playing a poker sim and it’s one of those things that I let her sit on my lap…so she wanted up so I picked her up and she settled right down. Well 45 minutes later…and one of those curious cat moves later…the get up…big yawn…do a 360 turn and lay back down right where she was before later…she got bored…and preceded to do another of the cat moves…she started gnawing on my thumb…not hard…gentle but with enough force to say “YOU HAVE IGNORED THE CAT LONG ENOUGH…PET ME OR YOUR LUNCH”. Very subtle these cats be.

(WARNING: the rant light just came on).

Don’t get me wrong. I love MSWORD…I really do…and particularly spell check. I must have been throwing spitballs in grade school at the time the teacher was explaining a crucial point about spelling. But sometimes when I feel like waxing poetic…or going archaic…spell check just doesn’t get it:

Spell check: “the correct form is ‘Very subtle these cats are’”.

The Trollie: “ yeah I know but I was thinking of the old line ‘what fools these mortals be’”

Thank GD that spell check can’t make me sit in the corner.

(/rant)

No comments:

Post a Comment