Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

*[15:09 UTC-4]*..when i checked the weather yesterday afternoon after I had completed my online game play & prepared drafts & posted to "Trollie's Game Room" I checked the weather & the prediction than was for rain all day today & Thursday morning..& decided my best course of action was to take care of a couple of errands I needed to run the next couple of days..so took the walk to the west & Speedway convenience store for a tube of chew..dang price has gone up again..most of it's state tax..got back..had taken my shoes off & than decided to take the short walk up the hill to the bank for my "10 day walking around money" a day or two early but & than just an early evening walk around the oft-mentioned "loop"..basically took the rest of the day off..a decent night's sleep & got right at the day's game play..& was all done with everything by just  before 14:00 which included a break for my /usual mid-day sandwich & a little "Paw Patrol"..looked out the window & it appeared the rain has stopped..checked the weather storm had past & a check of the long term forecast calls for the next chance of rain higher the 20% is next Wednesday..the dang weathermen got me again..on the other hand if I ignored the forecast & didn't take precautions it would probably rain as we would have said back in the day "cats & dogs" for a solid week..dang..so..ergo..just after 14:00 went off to Aldi..nothing out of the ordinary..just the /usual fare..../....it's funny how memories from the past will come back when you least expect it..my junior(11th grade) year in high I decided to take mechanical drawing as an elective..at the time I was considering going to college for a science degree..possibly bionics & thought it might come in handy..well when they had built the new junior high wing(7th to 9th grade}they had moved all the shops & art rooms into that building..really nice art rooms..well we had some tome in the drawing class one day & made a very nice sign that said "Welcome to the Zoo" &  placed it over the entry to the junior high grade..the story I heard was when the principle saw it his comment was..ah mechanical drawing..yup..I know who did it.. leave it..it fits..(I had a reputation..well earned..as a prankster)..../....another..soccer game..tried a scissors kick..hit the cross-bar..ball bounces back & I caught a defender's boot in the face..guys were keeping me down..coach comes out & asks "are you dizzy"..I replied "no more than usual coach"..he said "than why are you still down" reply.."they held me down"..took me out for a couple on minutes & I went back in..../....just a few details to iron-out before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....[15:37 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment