Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, September 16, 2021

 *[16:12 UTC-4]..it's a mid-70s sunny day here in ye olde Northcountry of NYS & I haven't gotten off my lazy tuckus to go out & enjoy the day..perhaps I will later..but I sit here total flabbergasted (and yes it is legitimate word..must be spell check knew it) but more about that later..got up tight around the usual time but it took forever to get my old bones & brain functioning at an accept--able level & at least at that point nothing earthshaking on either of the two FB groups I'm either a mod or an admin on & off to  play some poker on "Replay Poker"..I've had better days & worse ones..and started my day's game play..now I mentioned somewhere below that we had had an admin booted by FB for posting a Larson cartoon which had at least from FB's "bot's" perspective a "bad word"..so whilst checking pending posts saw that a member had submitted said post for the group..I of course declined it & sent him a PM as to why..but then thought (mistakenly so) that it would be a good idea to post a warning to the group but couldn't actually post it..but a vague description which the "bot" won't pickup..well they finally got the idea right & what did 5 of them try to do..yup..post the dang thing..hence my current flabbergasted state..[throws his hands in the air in disbelief] ..anyways I decided to delete my post warning them..but I can't believe that anyone would deliberately as we would have said back in the day "poke the bear"[link]..like it or not if you want to play in the "play ground" that's FB..it's their ball & you have to play by their rules..you really don't have another choice..complain about it if you must..but as we used to say back in the day "it's their way or the highway..[just shakes his old grey head]..../....[17:41 UTC-4]..so after committing the above to a draft..I donned my walking shorts..a pair of sneakers..grabbed my hat..cane & sling bag & took a leisurely stroll around the oft-mentioned "loop" ..decided to forego the traditional sit-down on the benches at the intersection of Western & Arsenal & continued my walk with a brief stop at Dollar General..as has been the case as of late they are out of everything I'd want & have shelves full of things I'd never dream of buying..anyways..back to my rooms & played a couple games of Spades on "24/7 games.com" & sat down to finish this posting..all that's left of the day is my shower & meds..prepping & consuming my even repast & maybe some "Beat Bobby Flay"..anyways & ergo.."nite all"....[17:51 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment