Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, September 27, 2021

 *[06:34 UTC-5]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*..been a few days since I got off my tuckus & posted here..there was a song way back when by The Carpenters.."Rainy Days & Mondays Always Get Me Down(link)..well Wilbur..it's Monday & a rainy day here in ye olde Northcountry of Upstate NYS..weather for today is rain thru the 17:00 hour..then nice weather for the next several days with daytime highs in the lower to mid-60s F..Fall tends to come early here..can the first frost be far behind..ergo it's both a rainy day & a Monday..we shall see how the day unfolds..../....not much happening here over the last few days..did my /usual multiple shopping trips ..got my "10 day walking around money" on Friday & later in the day a stop Ollie's..a new checkout girl & a cute talkative one.. who wished me a nice weekend..chuckled and told her "I'm retired..everyday is a weekend"..*[10:06 UTC-$}*..had an up & down session of poker & at end of a 62 minute session left with the exact same number of chips I had brung with me..[shrug}..checked the local radar again & now it appears that the rains will be gone some time between 13:00 & 14:00..so the quest for the wild & dangerous banana may commence this afternoon..*[13:41 UTC-4]* well the rain had pasted by just after 12:00 & so I finished up a sim I was playing & headed to Aldi..just the usual fare..but had decided I'd pickup a four cheese calzone which Aldi usual has for a quick lunch..but for a few cents more they had a Philly cheese steak calzone..decided to give it a try..just finished off with a bottle of orange soda..will definitely put that on the list to buy again..& again....now back off to play some more sims&solitaires..*[15:22 UTC-4]* I was looking thru my file of Larson cartoons & decided to post "The Parakeet of the Baskervilles(in the footer) & it reminded me of the time we had a big male parakeet & had it on the kitchen counter..& one of our cats jumped up & had it's face against the cage..the bird hopped over on its' perch & pecked the cat on the nose & the cat ran away & hide for a couple hours..*[18:01 UTC-4]* I had finished up my day's game play & took a walk around my oft-mentioned loop..a brief sit-down at  the intersection of Western & Arsenal & then back to my rooms..just my end of day routine to attended to..shower & meds..evening meal & because tomorrow is Tuesday..collect my recyclables & bag my garbage for pickup tomorrow when I get my weekly visit from the Ladies of Housekeeping..of which I am most thankful..ergo.."nite all"..*[18:12 UTC-4]*..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment