Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, September 10, 2021

 *[16:57 UTC-4]*..been an interesting day so far..quiet day save for a walk I made just after noon to Big Lots but except that & the short walk I made to the "lobby" to pickup items for my first meal I've been in my rooms the entire day..had gotten involved online last night & never retires until 21:00..a decent night's sleep but awoke just after 03:30 & decided that I might as well get the day started..a little load on the FB groups & played my first hand of poker 61 minutes earlier than yesterday's..not a great round card wise although I did finish marginally ahead..but played with a couple of players I've been at  table with before & had a nice chat (built in chat on the game)..took about an hour off to watch an NCIS episode & consume my morning meal..had got a head start on today's play last night so was all done with play by just after 12:00..decided to delay 2nd meal & take the walk mentioned above..wasn't really looking for anything specific really just an excuse to walk..found a bottle of sweet ginger chilly sauce..not the brand I've been using but since I go thru it fairly quickly (it's one of the ingredients used nightly in my rustic egg-white frittata which I have for  evening meal almost every night)..so decided to try it..also picked up a tin of smoked oysters..which I occasion-ally enjoy as a snack & saw a can of chopped clams..light bulb went off..got in the check-out line..had a short chat with the assistant manager of the bank I use who was in the line ahead of me..also ahead of me were a couple of peoples who had full shopping carts..took it seemed like forever to get thru the line..i'm not a patient man..I do realize that "Patience is a Virtue" but it is virtue I neither have or desire to obtain..bad Trollie..no biscuit..got back to my rooms..re:the aforementioned light bulb..made a bag of microwavable pasta..the clams..some of my "room-made" cocktail sauce..some garlic aioli..chopped shallots..salt..pepper & a heated piece of naan bread w/evoo..salt..pepper & roasted garlic powder.."washed down" with an orange soda..a very enjoy-able 2nd meal..../...still a few hours left in the day..checked the TV schedule for tomorrow & TBS is airing 'Justice League" at 14:30..so will spend some of the rest of my day getting a head start on tomorrow's sims&solitaire play so I can have everything finished before it starts..ergo.."nite all"....[16:37 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment