Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, September 2, 2021

 *[16:42 UTC-4]*[+61*F_cloudy_winds from the n/n/w@8 mph_humidity:68%_barometer:29.96"/\_overnight Lo:+53*F_mostly cloudy_winds from the north@5>10 mph_humidity:76%_Friday's Hi:69*F_considerable cloudiness_winds from the n/n/w@5>10 mph_humidity:69%_overnight Lo:52*F_partly cloudy_winds light&variable_humidity:88%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]]*..When I checked the weather for the coming week last night rain for at least part of the day was forecast for Sunday thru Friday..now Sunday/Monday & Wednesday/Thursday w/ daytime highs all six days in the upper 60s to mid-70s..my kind of weather..well.. minus the rain anyways..Monday is "Labor Day(link)" here in the USA..it's always celebrated on the first Monday in September.. the last "long weekend" of the Summer..but when I was a kid in public school here it had quite a different meaning..in New York State the schools always opened on the Wednesday after "Labor Day" & so maybe I was a weird kid..check that..I was a weird kid..I always looked forward to the new school year..ours had a great library & I was a noted "library rat"..../....a better night's sleep last night than the night before..was online by 04:00 & playing poker soon after..stayed out of the way most of the session ..wild..loose play reigned & I managed to escape after 64 minutes played with 1 more chip than I had brung to the table..a moral victory at least..just after 09:00 took a walk first to Big Lots..to pick up another package of light rye Wasa bread..now I had gotten a small bottle of very nice maple syrup@ Ollie's..12.5 oz for 4.99$..butter flavored..pricey..but well worth it..so whilst browsing thru Big Lots..found they carried the same brand & as well as "butter" had a "spicy" (a kick of habanero)..for 4$..ergo.. another bargain to remember..had a taste after getting back to my rooms..nice..however will use it with great discretion..has quite a kick ..then off to Aldi..just the usual fare but they were quite busy so took a little longer to check-out than/usual..but other than that has been a very restful..pleasant & quite day...even with the hour walk & a break at 12:30 for my tradition sandwich..ripple chips & today a ginger ale..& since Nick is back on the school year schedule..some "Paw Patrol"...../....just a couple of hours remain in the day..a couple of look-ins on my FB groups..shower & taking of my meds..my evening meal..probably a couple episodes of "Beat Bobby Flay"..anyways & ergo.."a goodnight to one & all"....[16:52 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment