Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, March 4, 2007

I find myself in a very strange place…a very conflicted place…I am not now …nor every have been a supporter of the current war in Iraq…I have now and always thought that it was a huge mistake in judgment by our leaders…on the other hand it is very personal to me…I live just a short drive to Fort Drum…home of the 10Th Mountain Division…I have several friends…or spouses of friends who have served in that war…peeps I love and respect…I am struggling with my need to support peeps I love and respect…while faced with the reality that what they are ordered to do…and what their families have to endure…and the fact that that I am convinced that we (as a nation) are involved in the ultimate no win scenario…I support my friends…and those that they love…but I can’t support the war…I guess that what I’m really saying is that I am at a crisis between my emotions and my logic…and can’t decide which wins…I really hate it when my humanity over powers my reason…

No comments:

Post a Comment