Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 13, 2017

 For many years online I lived behind avatars when ever a picture was asked for,  first one was a budgie on a skateboard, then there was the cat with a yamaka, then it was the parrot with a yamaka and a pray shawl........you can still see him on the right looking for matzah.........whether I finally came to the conclusion that at least I should show my true self, or I lost an argument with that orthodox parrot, or the simple fact that this almost 70 year old man finally figured out how to use the camera that is embedded in my desk top...give me a break.or rather a brake......have always been confused as to which one to use......but anywho when I was a lad.......computers still had punch cards, hand held calculators were yet to be invented, I was near 30 before I ever saw a hand held calculator.....and all it could do was add, subtract, multiply, & divide.......dang I didn't need a device to do that......that's what my brain was for........I will  admit that years later I needed to know  precise conversion from lbs. to kilos and bought a calculator made for that function......but where was I.........when I took chemsitry and physics in high school the most advanced quick short cut was a slide-rule.......and I could make that baby sing.....
  I guess it's about time to stop this long, rambling, and at times at the least somewhat incoherent post.......and at most......do I hear the approach of the men in white coats and their rubber lined truck to take me away.........
  but the bottom line is I've decided not to hid behind avatars no more  

No comments:

Post a Comment