Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Okay so sue me, it’s been several days since I posted last, but this has been year end inventory week…between Friday and today I have had an absolutely “trilling” 21.5 hours at work…I am as my job requires…the main floor dude when inventory is concerned…plus that we have a new upstairs dudette who I had to instruct in the use of the distribution software as it pertains to inventory…a quick learner…but…count to it that marketing and the CEO had dollar values that must be reached by year end and the last 2 days have been a total nightmare…and I still have a bunch of stuff I must quarantine before I deal with the auditors Monday… that is a terror that I alone must deal with…originally I had given my clerk a long weekend but as forced to call him in on Monday to help me deal with what needless crap (IMHO) marketing has forced on me…I understand their focus…but give me a break…

Tomorrow is communion Sunday at church…and from a worship team perspective I’m ready stoked…I love the songs we do for communion…allows me to expand on two planes…both musically and worship wise…neat stuff…the songs we sing allows me to test my complete range musically…and my range as a worship leader…

Tomorrow is the day I have longed for the last nine months…first rehearsal for the fall season of North Country Choral…. as much as I need and enjoy Worship Team at my local church…I love singing with the local choral group…and it’s probably less about the music…and more about the people I get to sing and perform with…I have been performing both vocally and instrumentally for 53+ years at this point…was 5 when I first performed musically in public…it is the center…of what I am…music is who I am…where I run to for relief…for understanding…for comfort…take music away from me and I frankly think I would cease to exist…and if you try to understand who I am and where I’m going and refuse to accept that I am foremost about music you will never get what I am about…

No comments:

Post a Comment