Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 7, 2005

I have had one of the best days I’ve had in a very long time. Although it started on a down note, nonetheless, it was a great day. I did not get the best night sleep, i was troubled by dream. Not a nightmare which I rarely have but just troubling.

Had a problem in first service with the voice but by christian ed. class it had smoothed out and second service went fine.

But had a get together with some of the people from the old neighborhood at a camp that one of them owns, or rather is in his wife’s family. A note here, in the northcountry a cottage is not a cottage, it is called a camp. This one is on the very tip of one of the peninsulas that extend into the black river bay….which flows in to lake Ontario. Really an awesome view, and a chance to remember the good and the bad of almost 40 years ago and following. Most of the people I had seen within the last few years but haven’t see K for ages. She was a lot younger then I and I never really knew her, well not well anyways but a very witty and charming young lady……if 45 can be called young……..but from 57 I suppose it can.

One of the “crew” is a retired English comp. teacher who has decided to retire ( at 50 but I think he’ll end up back in the class room) and write for a few years. He is working on a history of the neighborhood, and this was an event for him, but was just a great time for the rest of us.

It took a pasta salad and really surprised the crap out of everyone there……..I guess they have no idea trollie can cook……the comment was made that they or particularly R’s wife made a comment on how good it was……and I reminded her I live alone……..I had to learn to cook out of “self-defense”.

But spent a really lovely afternoon with old friends. Had an uneventful trip back into the city………and a gentle night……..

On the whole a very relaxing, stress free day……

Well with one exception……..i am a “pro” at giving directions…….i work in a shipping and receiving department and give directions to the plant almost everyday…….. R works in customer service and quality assurance and his directions to the camp were to say the least rather skimpy………I’m actually shocked I found it………at one point he said to take a left and forgot to mention there where two lefts there, and I needed to take the “right” left……also failed to mention that the distance from that “right” left to the right to the camp was several miles……….but I forgive him……….it was a wonderful day……

No comments:

Post a Comment