Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 26, 2005

I have written poetry since I have been maybe 13 or 14 years old, at first it was usually humorous, limericks, or silly rhymes……..i can remember in 9th grade really going to bat with an English teacher who gave me a very low grade on a poem about valentines day because he wanted romantic and I gave him hell on a stick………it was the best “poem” in the class but it didn’t fit his sexual/romantic vision of a valentines poem so I got a low mark……..which I didn’t really care about…….i only wanted it accepted as a good poem…………

I write randomly…..not because I only feel the presents of the muse at random intervals but because quite frankly I forget that the trollie knows how to write poetry…………

Senior year in HS the supposed poet laureate of the class was commissioned to write a poem for the year book, well the dead line was upon the year book staff and no poem was forth coming so with a few hours to go the year book advisor suggested me ( he had been my 11th grade English teacher and I shock the hell out of him because the weirdo wrote poetry…….he suggested that they talk to me about it, and I sat down and wrote an appropriate piece in like 25 minutes, basically the worst piece of shit I ever wrote, sappy……sugary…….and total a piece of crap and they loved it………just proves that even a good poet can write for the masses when necessary………..but I digress…………it’s not a case of the muse being fickle…….i just forget that I can write poetry…………..well anywho I’ve post 3 new poems to my poetry blog tonight and In the mood I’m in more might be forthcoming………..link is over on the right there……….if you care………and frankly I don’t care if you do or you don’t

No comments:

Post a Comment