Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

  A random post on Facebook made me think of two of the crazy events in my life.......that is being awaken earlier then i wanted....now depending on the normal day i needed to be in the plant by 7 Am +/-.......on this day a moderately busy day was 7 Am......but the W was always up by 5 Am +/-...our D had a lot to do with that, just a rug rat at the time.....but my W would channel surf between local news and CNN.....at the time just straight news, no commentary.....it was one side or another of 6 Am.......she awoke me......you need to see the news on CNN.........it relayed the fact that a reactor in Seadrift  Texas, had up, on a Union Carbide Plant.....( please note not a nuclear reactor but one that makes plastic)......my first call was to our Union Carbide rep.......who lived in NJ....my question was  "Was it our reactor" (aka the one that produces our material)...she was already up...and replied "my best information is yes".........i will delete my response..... the next call i made was to our purchasing agent....have you see CNN.....the response was no..........i filled her in....i need you as soon as you can get here....they can't tell me how long.......her response was i need to call my babysitter but I'll be at the plant about 45 minutes......anyways we spent most of the day running down every available pound of material we could get are hands on........to make a long story shorter, we were 12 hours from having to shut down the plant when the first load of new material arrived.....
 There is another story, I could tell, but maybe I'll save that for another time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment