Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 27, 2017

  This is a selection of random thoughts that have been swirling around the thing that is sometimes laughing called my brain, or are they really random...
  The massive amounts of "Fake News" that seems to invade social media, much in the style of Attila The Hun, do i find articles while surfing the net, like everyone else obviously, but do i post it on social media without a little research, absolutely not,  i may list the article here over on the left, but under a heading that basically says, "Reader Beware", I've come to the conclusion that the problem of this mass invasion is that peeps will find an article that they agree with, which advances their own point of view, and rather than do a fact check, they assume that since the article agrees with their point of view it must be right.....
  Note To Self: you really must stop trying to argue facts with peeps who are convinced beyond doubt that their point of view is right, I've told myself over and over that I'm wasting my time..........and I do my best to avoid those situations, those type of posts, and from time to time despite my better judgement, and respond......and I've taken an oath that I will never do it again.........but it seems there is always a next time......
  Which brings me to an old adage:
  " If people are convinced their are right, there is no point to confuse them with facts "

No comments:

Post a Comment